Walking Stars is New Zealand's first night-time walking half marathon, bringing people from across NZ together to light up Auckland’s vibrant CBD.
The money you raise through Walking Stars will help to fund breakthrough lifesaving research, and extend a helping hand to cancer patients and their families at a time in their lives, when they need it most via the Cancer Society.
Kiwi scientists are at the forefront of cancer research at the Auckland Cancer Society Research Centre (ACSRC)
- The survival rate for many cancers has improved by up to 30% and today over 60% of cancer patients will survive more than five years.
- But there is so much more to do.
Your support will change lives for the better by ensuring those going through cancer receive compassionate care and support through:
- Home visits to cancer patients by Cancer Society Community Liaison Nurses
- Free counselling for cancer patients and their families
- Advice and information for those affected by cancer though the 0800 Cancer Information line
- Help stamp out preventable cancer through health promotion and education