Of course you want to raise as much as you possibly can for the causes you care about it. Our top tips for raising those funds are -
- Be the first! By donating to your own supporter page you are showing your commitment to your fundraising and setting the benchmark for other donations.
- Remember to include pictures of yourself, people want to see who they are donating to.
- Update your supporter page! Keep your donors and potential donors updated with your progress, how is the fundraising going? What obstacles have you come across, what are you really enjoying etc.
- Tell your story! Let supporters know WHY you are doing what you are doing, they want to know – share your passion
- If you hit your target, or you are less than $100 away from reaching it – increase it! If people think you are close to meeting your target they may not donate the $200 they were going to if you are only $75 off your goal.
- Let people know how much to donate – e.g $10 will provide 5 blankets, $100 will provide a years heating. You want them to know that any amount they are able to give will make a difference.
- Thank your donors! Let them know their donation has been noticed and appreciated.
- Contact your charity. They will love to hear from you, let them know what you are doing for them and ask if they have any materials to help you raise as much money for them as possible!
- Share your fundraising page on Facebook and Twitter and other social media platforms – spread the word!
- Finally – ask again! People often need reminding, if you asked them once and they haven’t donated – ask again, they may have just forgotten and wont begrudge a friendly reminder.
For more handy hints, tips and ideas, check out our blog.