We all know how hard it can be sometimes to keep up momentum when you are raising money for the cause you care about, so we have put together our tried and tested methods when it comes to keeping the ball rolling!
- Remember why you are doing what you are doing – don’t forget the passion behind your reason to raise money for your cause.
- Don’t lose your momentum if your donations slow down, you should speed up! Send out reminder emails to friends who have yet to donate, call in that favour, remind your loved ones of your passion behind what you are doing and the steps you are taking to achieve it. Boast ;)
- Change! If you find yourself getting bored of your training programme change it, don’t risk hitting a plateau and becoming de-motivated.
- Set weekly or daily goals for your fundraising. By having smaller targets it means you’re more likely to achieve them and keep up your positive energy.
- Reward yourself when you hit certain milestones within your fundraising, whether that’s taking time out to go to the cinema or just treating yourself to a day off to relax and re-charge.
- Smile! According to The British Dental Health Foundation, a loving smile can produce the same emotional response as eating 2,000 chocolate bars! Or if chocolate isn’t your thing, simply smiling for 60 seconds, no matter what your mood, releases serotonin which tricks the body into making you feel happy again.
- Raise money in good company. Get your friends and family to join in with your efforts, whether it’s for the main adventure or just helping out with your smaller fundraising events beforehand.
And last, but by no means least, HAVE FUN!