In addition to the Top Supporters feature and the out-of-the-box leaderboard (which appears on various micro-site layout templates), you can create a customised leaderboard to display a bespoke, clickable list of heroes on your campaign (event) page or on your main website.
Customised leaderboards can be used in a number of different ways to keep track of your supporters – whether it is groups within a campaign, corporate groups or supporters involved in Multi Charity Events, like the London Marathon.
Below are a few simple steps to get your custom leaderboard set up:
Part 1: Creating an Account for your Customised Leaderboards
- Create a
Enter an email address, name, password and phone number. You might like to use a generic email address, like email@example.com and name the account Leaderboards to keep all your leaderboards in one place.
Part 2: Creating a Custom Leaderboard
- Log into the account of your campaign (event) where you would like to create the leaderboard in, or if you have just created your leaderboard account remain logged in.
- Visit the first Supporter page you would like to add to the custom leaderboard and click the "add to leaderboard" button located on the right hand side of the page. This button will appear on both individual pages and team pages.
- Select the New Leaderboard option. This will add the page to your new custom leaderboard and direct you through to your custom leaderboard editing options. Here, you can load a profile picture for the leaderboard, update the name of the leaderboard and write a description.
- Now that your leaderboard is created, simply visit each page you would like to add and select the add to leaderboard option. There is also a search option to locate the pages more easily.
Part 3: Embedding your Customised Leaderboard into your Campaign (Event)
- From your leaderboard, select the embed link to the righthand side.
- Copy and paste the HTML code generated where you would like to place the custom leaderboard.
- To embed this in your campaign (event), for example into the secondary content section, select the HTML option and paste the code, then update your campaign. You can also embed the code on your main website.
For more information about creating a custom leaderboard, please watch this short instructional video with examples.
As this is a supporter-led feature by design, your supporters (fundraisers) can also create their own customised leaderboards from their supporter page. For more information about how your supporters create these themselves, please visit our Supporter section.