Raising money for the cause you care about can be a lot of fun, but as the saying goes “two heads are better than one” so why not get your friends involved and double the good times! Do you have any tips to add? Contact us on Facebook or Twitter!
Here are some of our top tips to get started:
- Contact a local bar and see if they are willing to host a charity fundraiser. Since you’re fundraising with your friends, you will have double the contacts to invite. Use each other’s networks to bring together everyone you know. Sell tickets at the door and use this as a great opportunity to catch up and chat with people on the causes that matter most to you.
- Host a movie marathon! Get caught up on your favorite movies and TV shows by hosting a screening at your house. Ask for a donation to watch the movie marathon and in return your friends will be able to binge watch some real classics together. Don’t forget the popcorn!
- Cleaning cars in return for donations might not sound like the most fun to be had but with a group of you working together to get the job done the time will fly by! Make sure you prepare your musical playlist before the big day and have plenty of refreshments on hand – it’s hard work being awesome.
- Everyone has old clothes they are looking to rid themselves of so why not get your group together to donate your unloved items and host a second hand fashion show! You can charge gold coin entry and auction off your fabulous clothes to a willing audience of family and friends whilst you get all the fun of strutting down the cat walk. (It goes without saying that any clothes left over can be donated to your local charity shop).
- Not everyone is a budding Nigella Lawson but that shouldn’t hold you back. Get everyone to cook their signature dish (be that macaroni cheese or a full blown roast with all the trimmings) and host an evening of fun, food and a cheeky donation – and even a prize for the best (or worst) meal!
Don’t forget to set up your everydayhero supporter page before the event to ensure your donors have a safe, simple way to donate – click here to get started!