There are so many opportunities to spread the word to all your participants about how they can make a difference. Using a variety of different channels means that you will reinforce your message and build awareness.
It is critically important that you infuse fundraising into as many touch points and marketing pieces as possible. The more your create a culture of giving and fundraising, and the more frequently and prominently you feature fundraising, the more successful your campaign will be. The more participants you have in your event, the more you benefit from them sharing their passion (and your event) with their friends and family, and the more good that is created.
Consider the different people associated with your event.
- City Government officials
- Past participants
- Local charities
Consider the different channels you already have in place, such as:
- Website - Home page and possible charity page
- Dedicated email outreach
- Monthly newsletter inclusion
- Social media – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google Plus, Pinterest
- Update all staff and volunteer email signatures to include mention of the event in the lead up