People with cancer and their loved ones are at the heart of everything we do. And by fundraising for Peter Mac, you will make a life-saving difference to people with cancer.
Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre is Australia’s only public hospital solely dedicated to overcoming cancer, and the home of Australia’s largest cancer research group.
Around 600 laboratory and clinical researchers work together at Peter Mac. Their research impacts all types of cancer. Together, they are searching for new and better ways to:
- Prevent cancers before they occur.
- Detect cancers at an early stage, so that patients have the best chance of cure.
- Treat cancers in ways that are more effective, and have fewer side-effects.
- Support the psychological wellbeing of patients and their loved ones, both during treatment and beyond.
- Cure our patients’ cancers so they can lead long and happy lives, free from cancer.
Fundraising activities like Unite to Fight Cancer play a crucial role in our cancer research.